ToMaGa is glad to announce the next Wood Olympics Version will be released on the 20th of May. Since the “PreAlpha”-Version there were much work on the engine and more important the stability. Sad but true still low profile phones won’t have fun to play the game and even though they can play the game they need a minimum fps of 15 in order to be allowed to submit highscores. Sorry for that but some algorithms, especially the collisions detection need a certain speed to work right for everyone.
Before coming to the new features we want to thank everyone who downloaded and played the game in this very early state. Especially the people that created an OpenFeint-Account to submit their scores. You are HEROS! Everyone of you! You kept us at maximum motivation.
- We switched from OpenFeint to Scoreloop as Socialplatform. This includes Leaderboards (Global/Friends/24h), achievements and very new challenges!!
- A new discipline was added. Running! 3 different tracks waiting for you to unlock them
- Not to forget about Long Jump! The very first discipline!
- Quality Assurance: In order to have an eye on unkown sideeffects statistics about jumps and runs are send to server anonymously. (Data like fps,how many times the touchpad was touched,speed,result,…nothing personal!!)
- Comments may be send from within the application
- Ingame News. So we can inform you about what is going on in development
- You can follow us on twitter now!
Actually that’s it. Very few points for such a long time. Nevertheless it’s worth to check out the new running-event! Go for it! And to climb the clean Leaderboards! Want to be the first?
Still you are very welcome to leave a message here! About wishes for coming updates, bugs, etc.
Have a look at that gameplay video, maybe that will clarify how to play the game espacially the running discipline:
The game is still available for free in the android market: